How high should a chandelier or pendant light be placed?
For successful interior decoration, it is important that the installation of the pendant light or chandelier respects a given height.
- If it aims to illuminate a specific area such as a corner or an armchair, the pendant light should be placed 30 to 40 cm above this area.
- For a central suspension, a minimum height of 1.80 m from the ground is recommended.
- The ideal ceiling height for a pendant light is at least 2.50 m.
- For higher ceilings, up to 5 m, a distance of 40 to 50 cm between the ceiling and the luminaire is recommended.
- To illuminate the dining table, the bottom of the luminaire must be 1.60 m from the ground. This guarantees optimal lighting while allowing easy circulation.
- The recommended height is between 1.80 m and 2 m from the ground.
- If the suspension is placed above an armchair or a chaise longue, it must be fixed 1.60 m from the ground to facilitate circulation.
- For optimal lighting, the chandelier should be placed at a height of 1.90 to 2 m from the ground.
- The chandelier is distinguished from the suspension by its complexity and its centered decoration. It is therefore crucial to position it at the right height to maximize its aesthetic impact and lighting efficiency.
- The design material of the chandelier plays a crucial role in its aesthetics. Opt for natural materials like bamboo, rattan or rice paper for a warm look. For a Nordic style, black metal is an excellent option.
- On Ambiance Luminaire, a wide range of lighting fixtures is available at competitive prices to perfect the decoration of your interior.
This guide gives you the keys to choosing and placing your lighting fixtures at the ideal height, thus guaranteeing a warm and functional atmosphere in each room.